Friday, March 1, 2013

Wrap It Up, I'll Take It

If all goes well today we will close a major sale that we have been working on for several months. I will also get three more up and running. Yes, it's going to be a busy day. Wearing the suit on Friday after a few days in the south. We hit a couple of major firms down there and I think we made very good progress pushing our cause. Now we need to wrap up the week strong.

As an omen of good outcome, I returned home last night to find a batch of Mary's peanut butter and jelly cupcakes ready for transport into the office. In addition to everything else she has to get done in a day she remembered my description of telling everyone in the office about them and decided to treat them to a sample. So I have a big bag in tow this morning and specific orders on how to open the box so the cakes don't get messed up. I'm pretty sure people will like them and they will most definitely increase the "He cares about us" factor with my team. And that's a good way to wrap up the week.

I also need to check in with my sales lead in London this morning. We are trying to hire a person in Hong Kong and I would very much like to wrap that up this week as well. We have done a good job adding to the team so far this year but ad lagging in filling our spots in London and HK. gotta keep the pressure on.

Finally, I need to check in with both my college girls today. I'm looking for an update on the upcoming community service spring break trip to Ecuador from one and a report on mid terms and job fairs from the other. I am hopeful that I can squeeze both of these calls into my afternoon so that when it hits six o'clock tonight I can truly wrap up a successful week and head on home. This weekend will have to see me hit the PT pretty hard as I have managed only twice this week to gene it done with the travel schedule. Good thing I like the PT.

And as with every day of my life for the past several years I have found a reason to be happy.

And that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment