Monday, March 25, 2013

I Can Not Tell a Lie

I would be lying if I pretended that I didn't feel like crud. Therefore I won't. I maintain a pretty tough guy image when it comes to my travel schedule and things like calling in to work sick. Usually I don't have trouble with this since I travel fairly well, don't get food poisoning from water or different cuisines, have come up with ways to get the sleep I need on planes and in hotels in different time zones, and generally can suck it up if I am tired. Also I don't really get sick very often and when I do I can typically shake it off.

Today I m trying to shake really hard but this late winter cold took hold of me on Friday night and I have been suffering ever since. I am up and running this morning and have made it to the boat of the commute. My schedule is somewhat light so I am hoping to make it through the day without too much trouble. But oh how I wish I were still in bed.

The high schools musical was this weekend and my niece played the lead role. D3 was in the costume group and thus on hand for all three performances. B3 and my sister in law hosted the cast party Saturday night with Mary and I assisting as chaperones. So as in years past we were awake until 1:30 or 2:00 both nights. Mary also volunteered to drive the girls back to school which ended up taking her four hours. No surprise we all went to bed last night at 8:30. I'm certain I snored poor Mary out of sleep many times last night and when the alarm rang. Oh boy.

I am going to try and doze off for the rest of the trip here. Pulling to dump the cold over the course of the day and heading towards vacation at the end of the week.

And that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment