Friday, January 18, 2013

Making the Most of a Short Weekend

Lance Armstrong admits to what we all already knew. He cheated to win and in doing so lied to all of us who believed his miraculous recovery and rise to sports immortality. Unfortunately he didn't say he was sorry.

Weekends are very important. In those short two days we need to rest, recharge and still live our lives cramming in all of those experiences we don't have time for during the week. We don't watch Lance anymore but did spend many a summer weekend marveling at his ability to climb. Seems like everyone cheats in that sport so I guess he felt justified. I just feel cheated.

This weekend is a short one. My plane to Asia leaves on Saturday at 3:30pm so I have only tonight and tomorrow morning to have a weekend. I'm thinking I should have a good game plan to get the most out of my time. I know a haircut is required but other than that I'm pretty open. I will have enough time to exercise and pack in the morning and hopefully spend time on D1's resume with her. That leaves tonight as my slot for fun. I'm thinking dinner out with Mary and maybe watching some college hockey.

It's going to be a long week but I have been preparing for it all this week (See Monday's post) so for today and tomorrow I don't need to stress at all. It's Friday ladies and gentlemen and they can't get you on Friday. They will try but on Friday we are bulletproof.

I think I will start my short weekend a bit early today.

And that makes me happy.

No comments:

Post a Comment